Juicy, fruity little tart anyone?
My brand new tart tins arrived in the post this morning so I had to give them a whirl!
I've been thinking about how to make this recipe for ages and I think I've cracked it!
They're vegan, plant based and really delicious!! Bright, fresh, lemony and not too sweet. The recipe is easily adaptable, you could change the flavour to any other fruits, chocolate, caramel etc, most things will work. You'll need 6 little tart tins, the kind with the loose bottom, but you could always make them in ramekins or in one large 20cm loose bottom cake tin or flan dish.
prep: 20 min(s)
cooking: 20 min(s)
For the base:
- 125g of rolled oats
- 30g of almonds
- 3tbs of flax seeds
- 15 pitted dates
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 3tbs of melted coconut oil plus more to grease the tins
- Pinch of sea salt
For the filling:
- One can of good quality coconut milk, chilled, just the solid coconut cream from the top, save the liquid for a soup or smoothie
- 200ml of vegan custard OR Greek style plain soy yogurt (I used @alpro today as I was short on time)
- the juice and grated zest of one whole lemon
- 2tbs maple syrup (more if you like it sweeter)
- Lemon slices, blueberries and mint sprigs
put all of the ingredients for the base into a food processor and pulse until well combined and you have grainy, sticky dough.
If it seems a little dry, add a few tablespoons of plant milk and blitz again.
Press into greased tart tins, put them on a baking tray and bake for 20 mins at 160 degrees until you have a firm, biscuity base! Allow to cool.
Put the filling ingredients into a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until you have a smooth, creamy, silky mixture.
Taste test, add more maple syrup if needed.
Chill the mix for 1 hour in the fridge.
Spoon filling into tart cases and make them pretty with your garnish.
Easy peasy! Enjoy 😘